1. Find a Representative
The knowledge and dedication of your real estate agent is crucial to the successful sale of your home. A good agent will ensure a smooth, successful and stress-free sale.
2. Price your Home Correctly
The single most important decision you will make when listing your home on the market is determining the right asking price. Your agent can help guide you in this process by researching the current market trend in your particular neighbourhood. Equipped with this knowledge, you will be able to set a realistic sale price that will generate interest through the professional marketing of your property. If the price is right, you can expect to sell your home for the best possible price in the least amount of time.
Benefits of Correct Pricing:
- Your property sells faster because it is exposed to more qualified buyers.
- Your home does not lose its "marketability".
- The closer to market value, the higher the offers.
- A well-priced property can generate competing offers.
- Real estate professionals will be enthusiastic to present your property to buyers.
3. Prepare your Home for Showings
Homes that are not prepared for showings are one of the main reasons why people fail to sell their homes. We all know the saying: “first impressions last a lifetime”- same thing goes for your home. If your home does not look its best, it could take longer to sell.
4. Know about the Local Market
Knowledge about local market conditions is important for a smooth sale. Being realistic to market conditions will position yourself favourably to sell your home. There is no substitute for a real estate professional for acquiring market information.
5. List it!
It today's market, it is important to have an effective online presence. Most buyers begin their search online, and this trend is only growing. Your real estate agent should have the tools necessary to expose your home to a wide range of online sources.